[ExI] Call To Libertarians

Giulio Prisco giulio at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 07:47:28 UTC 2011

Hi Darren,

I am a big sympathizer of many libertarian ideas but I don't usually
call myself a libertarian, and when I do I call myself a left
libertarian, in the sense that I want the government out of my living
room but I see nothing wrong if the government builds hospitals and
highways.

I am definitely _not_ a right winger. I can consider myself as a
(_non_ rabid) anarchist who sees a small government (in the sense of a
small management committee and not in the sense of a big dictatorship)
as a necessary evil and a practical necessity in today's world.

I guess the history of the development of the Internet shows the
advantages of this approach. Public funding has been used at the
beginning, but then there has been an exponential acceleration due to
the absence of regulations and low entry barriers, which have
permitted individual and small teams to participate in the
development. The creativity of small spontaneous teams is always
orders of magnitude higher than 9-to-5 workers in large companies.