[ExI] Call To Libertarians

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Sat Feb 19 19:30:30 UTC 2011

On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 11:14:48AM -0800, F. C. Moulton wrote:

> There have been various discussions about recovering the early archives.

Some people have complete early archives, or nearly-complete early archives.

The problem is that the list was closed, for very good reasons,
and it would be impossible to obtain retrograde consent from all the early
participans, assuming they're even still around.

And there will be definitely members objecting, for abovementioned
good reasons. We just have to live with that, I guess.

> Some early posts were really great exploration of ideas.  I think the
> Extropian Institute might have a complete (or near complete) archive
> however I understand that everyone is busy and the project never gets done.
>
> Just like the idea of scanning and posting all of the back issues of
> Extropy magazine.

I'm helping with publishing historical cryonics documents, so if
I can help with that (sadly, I have only a couple dead tree copies of
Extropy magazine, never having been a regular member), I'd be happy
to.