[ExI] Call To Libertarians

Darren Greer darren.greer3 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 00:30:32 UTC 2011

Natasha wrote:

  > I am an Extropian and NOT a libertarian!!@!!!@<

So does that mean Extropianism has a built-in political philosophy? I'm
assuming it's not libertarianism, from the discussion here today. :) My
original question was about the relation between libertarianism and
technological progress in the transhumanist sense. I did the reading you all
suggested. But is there a political and economic philosophy that
transhumanists are more likely to champion because it furthers technological
goals?

I don't expect consensus on this. But I'm curious about it, and have been
since I joined this group. We certainly have no problem discussing religion.
I know, for example, that most of us are atheists. What about, as Spike
suggested in his let's-have-an-open-season-on-libertarianism suggestion,
politics?

Darren
--
*There is no history, only biography.*