[ExI] Call To Libertarians

David Lubkin lubkin at unreasonable.com
Sun Feb 20 02:54:48 UTC 2011

Damien wrote:

>[anarcho-communitarian, if there's such a thing]

I suspect that your anarcho-communitarian could be compatible with
being labeled a libertarian anarchist.

As David Friedman notes more eloquently than I can ("Love Is Not
Enough" in Pournelle's The Survival of Freedom), if you want
something I have, you can obtain it by love (I care for you or your
goals), trade, or force.

A minarchist (small-government libertarian) cedes the necessity of
government but wants it (i.e., the threat or use of force) kept to an
irreducible minimum. A libertarian anarchist rejects the initiation
of force or fraud altogether.

An anarcho-capitalist libertarian (AnCap) says love is fine where it
works, but trade works more often, so let's focus on that.

How would you describe anarcho-communitarian?

-- David.