[ExI] Call To Libertarians

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun Feb 20 14:49:19 UTC 2011

... On Behalf Of BillK

>...Kris's claim that capitalism creates a world-wide "race to the bottom"
of wages could perhaps be rephrased as 'aggressive globalisation creates a
world-wide "race to the bottom" of wages'.

If you go that route, perhaps you would argue the equivalent "Trade
protectionism inhibits a world-wide race to the bottom of wages."  It looks
to me like inhibition of globalization creates a race to the bottom of wages
along a parallel track.  Either way the race happens.  Without
globalization, wages remain high, but the high wage earners look around one
day and realize that will all their money, they can't afford anything.

>...So, overall. I would say the jury is still out on the question...BillK

Looks to me like that jury is back, and the hangman is with them.