[ExI] Original list Was: Re: Call To Libertarians (Max More)

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 14:22:43 UTC 2011

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 3:56 AM,  Max More <max at maxmore.com> wrote:

snip

> *** Writers from the early 1990s: If you agree to allow all of your postings
> to the original Extropians email list to be publically available, please let
> me (and the world -- or at least the Extropians-Chat email list) know.

Max, I probably would.  But it's been 20 years and while I found a
little of it on some old disks, there is no way I can remember what
was in those posting.  If a vague memory serves, there was one posting
which I would not like to be public (not until a certain cult goes out
of business).

I agree with David Lubkin that we were 'practicing "privately produced
law," where we stated very clearly and repeatedly that nothing posted
to the list could be used off the list without the specific consent of
the authors in question.'

If you want "specific consent," the people who were on the list in
that day should be sent an archive of the list.  You mentioned you had
it.  I don't think there were more than a few dozen people.

Keith

PS.  It's even possible that an edited and published version could be
a money making project for the original list members.  It is the
origin of most current day transhumanist memes.