[ExI] Economic liberalism vs. conservatism: Why the debate here?

AlgaeNymph algaenymph at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 10:14:50 UTC 2011

On 2/23/11 1:35 AM, Eugen Leitl wrote:

> Absolutely not. Some transhumanists who are subscribed
> to a mailing list. Do you see all the non-participants
> non-participating vigorously?

I do see the same names and the same arguments.

> A herd of cats attempts to appeal to dogs. (Why, actually?)

Politicians listen to dogs.

> A herd of cats cannot form a common front. Particularly, a common
> front appealing to dogs. The easiest way is to hire a dog with
> a good track record.

Oo, I'll keep an eye out for that.

> A group targeting whom? Advocating what? Advocating how?
> What is the added value to the target audience?

These are good questions, this is what we should be asking. :) I'll
start with the ideas I have at the moment.

• Targeting whom?
Whoever has the moral high ground.

• Advocating what?
Transhumanism, of course.

• Advocating how?
I'd begin by having us prepare answers to the hardest possible questions
we can get asked, particularly in regards to equity.

• What is the added value to the target audience?
You mean why would they be interested? I'd like to think for the same
reason H+ adds value to us but you probably want something more
politically specific. My best guess is to find a way to tie H+ to
anti-corporatism (*not* anti-business or anti-free market, mind). Still,
how to politically frame H+ is a line of questioning we should give some
thought.

Again, those were some useful questions, thanks. :)