[ExI] Same Sex Marriage (was Re: Call To Libertarians)

Darren Greer darren.greer3 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 13:20:02 UTC 2011

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 3:51 AM, Kelly Anderson <kellycoinguy at gmail.com>wrote:

But I'm not quite ready to say that gay marriage is a good thing
> for society, even if they think it is a good thing for them.

That is far from a uniform sentiment among the gay men I know. Maybe I hang
out with iconoclasts,  but many of them couldn't care less about a marriage
certificate.. What they do care about is health coverage, tax benefits, and
not having the in-laws of your partner who haven't talked to you or him for
ten ten years march in the day after he dies and claim the furniture, the
house and even the dog because neither they nor the government recognize
your right to sleep and live with and love who you wish.

Darren
--
*There is no history, only biography.*
*