[ExI] democracy sucks

Mr Jones mrjones2020 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 23:11:36 UTC 2011

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 5:57 PM, Jeff Davis <jrd1415 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Which brings me to tribe vs nation state.  The small tribal unit is
> the "natural" social form for humans.

The tribal talk reminds me of a book I recently read.  Have you ever
read/heard of a book called "The Last Hours of Ancient Sunlight"?  Good
read.
I agree with you, that governance should take place at a much more local,
more 'connected' level.  'Tribes' are the way to go.  Not for xenophobic
reasons, but for practical reasons.  Humans just don't have a large enough
'monkeysphere' to thrive in these huge metro areas we've grown accustomed.
I'm willing to bet you'd see mental health increase the closer we got to
'tribal' societies.