[ExI] Easy solution to wars like that in Libya, and in these groups?

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri Feb 25 07:22:28 UTC 2011

... On Behalf Of Brent Allsop

Brent, so sorry to hear of your mother-in-law's passing.  Sincerest
condolences to the family.

>...It seems to me that if you could some way have an easy way to reliably,
easily, and in real time, know concisely and quantitatively, what the entire
population of Libya wanted, war could easily be avoided...Brent Allsop

Any war over Libya has little or nothing to do with what the Libyans want.
It has to do with the fact that they are sitting on a huge reserve of light
sweet crude.  There are so many refineries, especially in Europe and Asia,
which can only deal with those high grades of oil.  Some US refineries need
the light sweet grades, which we buy from Algeria and Nigeria.  If the mad
dictator of Libya manages to interrupt the flow of light sweet crude to
Europe, then they are forced into a bidding war with the US for equivalent
grades in those places.  We have a big problem on our hands, a huge problem.

None of this has anything to do with what the Libyans want.  It really is
all about that oil.  They have it, we need it.