[ExI] Easy solution to wars like that in Libya, and in these groups?.

Darren Greer darren.greer3 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 06:08:06 UTC 2011

2011/2/25 John Clark <jonkc at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> If the people of Libya want a fundamentalistic Islamic dictatorship
> sympathetic with al-Qaida, and I hope not but that very well could be what
> they want, then that is not what I want.

Hate to do a 'me too,' but feel I must. As happy as I am to see some
countries throwing off or trying to throw off oppressive regimes, we could
well end up with worse ones. We once supported the Taliban because it was
thought they would help stabilize Afghanistan after the Soviet war.

And as illogical as this may seem, given the choice between the devil and
the witch--theocracy or secular dictatorship--I'll take the dictator.
They're less likely to push the button with the thought that there will be a
recount in the after-life.

Darren
--
*There is no history, only biography.*