[ExI] General comment about all this quasi-libertarianism discussion

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 05:39:18 UTC 2011

On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 10:43 AM, Richard Loosemore <rpwl at lightlink.com> wrote:
> Which is to say:  if you think these libertarian/anarchist proposals are so
> great, WHERE IS THE CODE?

Funny coming from you Richard... :-)

> I mean that literally.  Where are your system simulations, which show that
> society will remain stable when, for example, most government funded
> institutions are abolished?  Where are your simulations -- your detailed,
> supercomputer-sized models, containing large numbers of realistic
> constraints -- of how economic systems will be able to function normally
> when the Federal Reserve is abolished and currency is replaced by, e.g.,
> Joule-Credits?

Richard, a simulation wouldn't prove anything, nor change anyone's
mind. A simulation only reflects the mind of the writer of the
simulation. The closest thing that I can think of to a simulation of
libertarian views is the novel Atlas Shrugged. I suggest you go watch
the movie when it comes out as the book is very long. There are some
holes in it, but it does point out that getting to the pure
libertarian from where we are is going to be painful for a lot of the
hangers on.

-Kelly