[ExI] farmville, was RE: RPGs and transhumanism

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 12:57:28 UTC 2011

Anders wrote:
I wonder what games actually make people go out and do things in the
real world? RPGs have certainly stimulated me to learn odd subjects,
and even helped my research. But what about other games (computers and
boardgames)?

I have several friends who loved the action/combat/militeristic aspect
of science fiction and fantasy roleplaying games, and I think they
later on joined the armed services to at least up to a point try to
live a real life of adventure.

John