[ExI] Wizard Calculating Device

Darren Greer darren.greer3 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 02:16:18 UTC 2011

I went to a flea market today with my Mom and bought a lot (as in auction
lot) of antique mathematical devices and tools. A fifty year old slide rule,
a complete sixty year old Myers and Sons mathematics set in a tin case with
a brass compass and protractor and ruler and the original pencil. All very
cool stuff for five bucks in total. The lot also came with an analog Wizard
calculating device, circa 1950, and made by a German company. It has a metal
stylus, and nothing is seized up, but I can't figure out how the sucker
works. Anyone have one of these dinosaurs and could give me a hint? I only
bought them for my desk as a neat conversation piece and to marvel at while
I'm working. I couldn't find any tips on the web.

Darren

--
*There is no history, only biography.*
*