[ExI] Serious topic

David Lubkin lubkin at unreasonable.com
Mon Feb 28 04:02:31 UTC 2011

Spike wrote:

>If we look around us, everywhere I see astonishing energy waste, just
>because energy is cheap and plentiful.  Oil is still so cheap it strangles
>out most alternative energy sources.

And there's a lot of known energy, e.g., nuclear, coal, and natural
gas, that can be readily tapped without much technical fuss. We may
balk at one or other but someone else won't, and energy is fungible.

Aside, any idea how fast we could build gigawatt reactors in a real
crunch? (That is, in a WW II grade focus, bypassing all current hurdles.)

-- David.