[ExI] META: Overposting (psychology of morals)

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 07:58:15 UTC 2011

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 5:29 AM, Kelly Anderson  wrote:
<snip>
> So, when we say things like, "the government shouldn't pay for X"
> don't jump immediately to the conclusion that libertarians are against
> X. That is a simplistic and fallacious argument. We should be better
> than that. If you want to ask "how would libertarians pay for X?" that
> is a much better way to challenge a true libertarian proposal.

The obvious answer is that the libertarians wouldn't pay for it.

Libertarians only pay for things which would benefit themselves personally.
The 'free rider' problem leads them into much complicated theorising.

If such were possible, ideally libertarians would each want an
individual force field to keep asteroids away from their property.  :)

BillK