[ExI] value of a human life, was RE: Same Sex Marriage (was Re: Call To Libertarians)

Darren Greer darren.greer3 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 23:09:06 UTC 2011

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 3:08 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

>Wiki says annual world cocaine consumption is about 600 tons per year.
 This
can likely get us an order of magnitude estimate.  If we use the 1 murder
per gram ratio, that's 600 million murders per year or about a tenth of the
world population murdered per year.  This sounds high to me.  My (admittedly
uneducated) estimate would run to somewhere in the order of 600 to 6000
murders per year over cocaine, so that for every 100 to 1000 kilos of
cocaine you hold in your hand, someone has been killed, even if we ignore
the practical difficulty of holding a ton of cocaine in one's hand.<

My bad. That was a bit of info (and I now see propaganda) that I bought into
in treatment and never really analyzed. Makes sense. Humble apologies and
another warning to self to number crunch and check facts before I post. But
it would be nice to know how many drug-related deaths occur each year across
the planet. Difficult to guess, I suppose. From originating drug-country
wars, mafia and biker hits, over-doses, suicides, car accidents. And if you
count alcohol, the numbers would seriously spike. (Not you spike.)

Darren

Darren

Darren

*There is no history, only biography.*