[ExI] Whatever happened to morphological freedom?

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Sat Jan 1 18:21:29 UTC 2011

On Jan 1, 2011, at 10:10 AM, Alan Grimes wrote:

> Samantha Atkins wrote:
>
>> Freedom, morphological or otherwise, includes the freedom to make poor decisions and experience the
>> consequences thereof.  It does not include any guarantees of success
> or ability to survive and thrive
>> choosing any old morphology in any and all prevailing conditions.
>
> I have the greatest confidence that you will continue to put forth every
> effort to change the "prevailing conditions" to be absolutely
> inhospitable to even the most advanced nano-cyborg at the earliest
> possible date while paying lip-service to morphological freedom the
> entire time.

I will go for whatever works the best for me imho and others are welcome to do whatever they think best as long as they do not attempt to forcibly coerce me.  I have better things to do than explicitly tuning the facts of reality to make other choices unworkable even if such micro-managing of reality was remotely in my power or in the power of any being possible in reality.

- s