[ExI] Asimov's 90th today

spike spike66 at att.net
Mon Jan 3 01:07:43 UTC 2011

... On Behalf Of David Lubkin
Sent: Sunday, January 02, 2011 3:45 PM
Subject: [ExI] Asimov's 90th today

http://twitter.com/#!/Disalmanac/statuses/21642302267068416

>Today in 1920, Isaac Asimov was born. His 3 Laws of Robotics: 1) Do a
>little dance 2) Make a little love 3) Get down tonight.

-- David.

Happy 91st birthday Dr. Asimov!

I know what I was doing 21 years ago today.  I was on business travel in
Colorado Springs, arrived early in the day enough to go looking around the
used book stores.  I was trying to complete a collection of Asimov's
nonfiction essays from Fact and Science Fiction magazine.  The older ones
were hard to find, and I had been searching for a long time, five years.  On
2 January 1990, I found the last two to complete that collection,
coincidentally on the 70th year from when Asimov celebrated his birth (they
don't know exactly when he was born because of uncertainty in post-commie
revolution in Russia and differences in calendars between Russia and the
US.)

I posted to him, but he was already too sick at that time to have much
interest in communicating with his fan base.  I ended up naming my son after
him.