[ExI] atheists declare religions as scams

spike spike66 at att.net
Tue Jan 4 21:32:39 UTC 2011

From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Dave Sill
Subject: Re: [ExI] atheists declare religions as scams

On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 1:32 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

Are there already symbols for agnostics and atheists?

http://www.religioustolerance.org/atheist6.htm

The Darwin fish is the only one I've seen.

-Dave

Ja the Darwin fish is as close as we have.  When those first showed up I
supposed it could mean those who are cultural christians but who accept
evolution as fact. This conflation might actually be refuted by a legged
Darwin fish with a cross at the eye location.  A christian evolutionist is
not necessarily a contradiction: it would be one who recognizes that not all
of christianity is bad or harmful.  It certainly contains these elements,
but these can be specifically refuted.  For instance one can be a christian
sex defender, can be one who believes death is final as all hell, yet still
believes in doing good deeds at every opportunity and so forth.  I see no
contradiction in being a Darwinian christian atheist.