[ExI] atheists declare religions as scams.

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Jan 6 17:46:00 UTC 2011

.

>.So in this sense a christian evolutionist is one who is generally
comfortable with the culture that tends to form in societies where upper
case C Christians live, can deal with their superstitions and so forth.

Regarding cultural christians, John where would you rather live, if you had
to choose one: Calcutta, Tehran, or Salt Lake City?  No you wouldn't, you
know SLC is where you'd rather be, even if it's not your favorite place.

>.Other than that unfortunate incident Mark 11:15-19, Jesus really wasn't a
bad guy.  He is lucky the moneychangers didn't gang up and beat the holy
shit out of the anti-capitalist bastard.  But other than that, he was a good
lad.spike

I may need to explain that comment to the religion non-hipsters.  Jesus went
into the temple and overturned the tables of the moneychangers.  He should
have been encouraging the moneychangers.  My reasoning goes like this.  In
the old days, guys went to the temple once a year with a beast of some sort
to slay as they repented of their sins.  They ritually transferred their
sins to the beast, then slew it.  It's where we get the term scapegoat.  I
swear I am not making up this.

So imagine a guy (it was only the man who did this, since he was given
license to repent *for his family* (not kidding)) decided he hadn't been
such an evil lad this year, so he chooses a lamb, but then his wives remind
him what a bastard he was, better take a full grown goat.  So off he goes,
but he thinks back and decides he really wasn't so bad, so now the smallest
he has is this expensive beast, so the logical thing to do is to trade it
in, and so hey buddy can you break a goat?  Sure lambs and rabbits are fine.
So this creates a market for money changers and beast changers.

So after they break a goat, these guys have all the spare beasts, too many
to take back home and too many to devour on the spot, so now since one is in
the process of confessing sins anyways, might as well have something worth
at least a lamb, commit a couple or three, just to entertain the priests.
So that creates a market for harlots, and a perfect market it is: guys away
from home, nothing but other guys around and they aren't talking, because
they are all doing the same thing, looking for something for which to be
fondly repentant for the coming new year, and no one recognizes anyone, like
seeing your officemate in the porno shop, and what happens at the temple
stays at the temple.  So that's where we get the term temple harlots.

Jesus, what's not to like?  Just look at all the jobs created or saved by
that system!

Only very distantly related but unintentionally hilarious is this commentary
in the local "news"paper yesterday:

http://www.mercurynews.com/bay-area-news/ci_17017964?source=rss

{8^D