[ExI] Reframing transhumanism as good vs. evil

AlgaeNymph algaenymph at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 15:47:11 UTC 2011

On 1/11/11 4:40 PM, Mike Dougherty wrote:
> How about not dieing of "natural causes?"

Death is natural!  Nature is good!

I went to college in San Francisco.  I grew up reading White Wolf.
Luddite rants are /burned in my brain.../

> We have a goal to end death and suffering. What could be more heroic?
> It's so damned heroic that many people have trouble grasping the idea. :-)

Yep, we're hero(ine)s with bad publicity. :)  Still, reframing death as
an illness looks like a good place to start.  We still need to find the
villains who stand to profit from suppressing immortality.

Now how do we similarly reframe other forms of enhancement?