[ExI] Yes, the Singularity is the greatest threat to humanity

spike spike66 at att.net
Mon Jan 17 15:59:26 UTC 2011

... On Behalf Of Eugen Leitl

>...What is friendly today is not friendly tomorrow. What is friendly to me,
a god, is not friendly to you, a mere human...
>We're an endangered species. We will need protection, or we will go
completely extinct. We're the mountain gorillas of the future.
>--Eugen* Leitl ...

Ja.  The closest thing we now have to an uploaded human might be the
predator drones flying around in Afghanistan firing missiles upon the
warrior training camps.  These have a will and a humanlike consciousness in
a very loose sense, being transmitted to it from afar.  They carry out
actions that are definitely unfriendly to one group of humans.