[ExI] intermittent liar

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 21:37:05 UTC 2011

2011/1/22 spike <spike66 at att.net>:
> Oh my, I found a most excellent puzzle today.  I found an answer, don’t know
> yet if it is right.  See what you find:
>
> .
>
> .
>
> .
>
> Larry always tells lies during months that begin with vowels but always
> tells the truth during the other months.  During one particular month, Larry
> makes these two statements:
>

> ·         I lied last month.
>
> ·         I will lie again six months from now.
>

> During what month did Larry make these statements?

August.  The other 2 months when he lies are 6 months apart, so the second
statement would be true if said during April or October (both lying months),
or false if said in any truth month except February (6 months before August).
That means it has to be February or August; the first statement is false for
both of those, and thus must be said in August.