[ExI] Fw: Re: atheists declare religions as scams.

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 20:41:06 UTC 2011

2011/1/25 Amon Zero <amon at doctrinezero.com>:
> On 25 January 2011 17:04, Adrian Tymes <atymes at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Technically, what you speak of is agnosticism.
>>
>> Agnostic = absence of belief
>> Atheist = belief of absence
>> That's the difference between the terms.
>
> That's one definition, but not the only possible one.

It is the one I find in certain online dictionaries:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/atheist
a person who denies or disbelieves the existence of a supreme being or
beings.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/agnostic
a person who holds that the existence of the ultimate cause, as god, and the
essential nature of things are unknown and unknowable, or that human
knowledge is limited to experience.