[ExI] sexy news anchors distracting

Darren Greer darren.greer3 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 22:01:57 UTC 2011

Spike wrote:

>This one says sexy news anchors are distracting, when of course exactly the
opposite is true..<

There was a short-lived program called "Naked News" on some network in the
U.S. a dozen years ago with anchors delivering lead-ins in nothing but their
bare skin. Saw it once. VERY distracting. In a good way. Anything that takes
your mind off the murderous trivia of the evening news is jake with me.

d.

2011/1/26 spike <spike66 at att.net>

> These kinds of studies really annoy me.  The headline is false, exactly the
> opposite of the truth.  This one says sexy news anchors are distracting,
> when of course exactly the opposite is true.  The sexy news anchors are not
> distracting at all.  Its all their yakkity yak and bla bla that is the
> distraction, not the news anchor.  I don’t know what that other is about.
>

> http://www.aolnews.com/2011/01/26/study-male-viewers-find-sexy-news-anchors-distracting/?test=latestnews
>
> *Study: Male Viewers Find Sexy News Anchors Distracting*
>
> Men watching a news broadcast are more likely to pay attention if a sexy
> anchor is delivering the day's stories. Just what they're captivated by,
> however, is another matter entirely.  According to a new study from
> researchers at Indiana University, male viewers snap to attention at the
> sight of a female anchor they find attractive, but are distracted by her
> looks and therefore less likely to remember what she had to say…
>

> }8-[
>

> spike
>

> {8^D

*"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard everyone would do it. The
'hard' is what makes it great."*
*
*
*--A League of Their Own