[ExI] Help with freezing phenomenon

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 06:29:24 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 9:56 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
> The reason in this special case actually
> transcends the making of money (if that can be imagined.)  Rather the reason
> for documenting and patenting would be to prevent some commie from patenting
> the notions and disallowing us from using them.

You might be surprised to learn how common that is.  I know that for at
least one of my patents, prevention from someone else's selfish monopoly
was the reason I got it.

As to microwave heating: have you not noticed that microwaves - as
commonly used in ovens, anyway - naturally heat the outside more than
the inside, without any fancy setup?

Seriously, try cooking a fist sized chunk of meat (chicken, ground beef,
whatever) straight from the freezer for, say, 5 minutes.  (If that cooks the
meat entirely, down to the core, you have a powerful oven, so try another
chunk for 2:30.)  Better if the oven has an auto-rotating platter, but
that might
not be necessary to observe this.  Immediately after, observe that the outside
of the meat is warm, then cut into the core and observe the temperature there.

Since this is the default behavior, why bother with complicated mechanisms,
or inserting things that might damage the brain?  Immerse in something just
above freezing, reach temperature equilibrium, then lower the temperature
while applying microwaves (to most of the surface: you need a channel for
the heat to escape the core of the brain; a uniformly hot surface would
prevent this).