[ExI] Help with freezing phenomenon

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Jan 27 15:56:15 UTC 2011

>...Spike, considering Max More is the new CEO of Alcor and that you are a
recently retired engineer bursting with great ideas for the organization,
why don't you volunteer there, or even apply for a paid position with them?

John  : )

You are too kind Johnny.  I live in Taxifornia.  Alcor is in Arizona.  Can't
sell my house.  Durn near couldn't give it away.

I did have an idea however, one that involves you.  Alcor has volunteer
teams I understand, or had at one time.  These would attend local freezings
(what are they called?) and assist the freezers (what are they called?) in
whatever they needed, bring sandwiches, fetch ice, whatever.  I would be
glad to volunteer for that, but it occurred to me there is another need an
Alcor volunteer could carry out, and you could do this much better than I
could.  While we need gofers to support the icers, we need a good
sympathetic type to support the grieving family, coach them thru a time when
they just lost grandma and all these geeks are here doing these strange
things to the recently deceased, things that need to be done right there on
site quickly.

They need an emotional coach, they need some calm person with documentation
to talk to the constables should they come rushing in with sidearms drawn,
wanting to know what the hell is going on, someone who knows exactly what
Alcor does and why, some warmhearted softy person who can sit with the
family and just hug and cry.

This whole freezing heads business is two parts technology, one part
emotion.

I would be willing to do that for the SF Bay area cryo-corpses' families
(what are they called?  We need a cryonics terminology dictionary somewhere.
Let's start one here.)

 John I know a lot of ExI types from way back.  If I were to choose from
among them a person most suited for that kind of volunteer work, it would be
you pal.  If I had to choose from among the ExI crowd someone to just sit
with me at my mother's death bed, I choose you.