[ExI] Oxford scientists edge toward quantum PC with 10b qubits

John Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Fri Jan 28 16:00:05 UTC 2011

On Jan 28, 2011, at 10:28 AM, Richard Loosemore wrote:

> To do AGI you need to understand what you are building.

I really don't see what Adjusted Gross Income has to do with it; however we can be absolutely certain that an AI can be made without knowing what you are doing because an intelligence has already been manufactured by Evolution, and Evolution knows no more about intelligence than dog shit knows about table tennis. If random mutation and natural selection, which knows absolutely nothing, can do it then I see no reason why an intelligent organic brain, which at least knows something, can't do the same thing.

 John K Clark