[ExI] Help with freezing phenomenon

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 20:26:55 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 12:45 PM,   "spike" <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

snip

> Excellent!  Thanks Amara.  I am thinking of alternatives to microwave
> temperature control as a means of freezing a brain in a controlled
> non-destructive manner.  A derivative of Keith's idea is to remove tissue
> from the nasal cavity and start the freezing process from the top of the
> head.  That way the brain tissue can expand downward into partially
> evacuated nasal cavity.  I am actually leaning more toward that notion than
> microwave process control.  It also obviates splitting the skull.

Spike, the point of all current procedures is to vitrify without any
freezing at all, i.e., NO expansion.

Or are you just making a joke based on the way the brains were
extracted from Egyptian mummies?

BTW, cracking from thermally induced stress is a known problem.  It is
believed that there is little if any information loss from the
cracking.

Keith

PS Speaking of Egypt . . .