[ExI] Fw: Re: atheists declare religions as scams.

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 22:20:19 UTC 2011

On 30 January 2011 19:43, Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com> wrote:
> Each
> of these appeals is corrigible, but it's self-defeating to tell people that
> they lack evidence when the evidence seems all around them, and within them.
> You can try "no scientifically testable evidence" but many important aspects
> of our experience fail that test as well.

I agree. Moreover, the real issues with middle east-style supposed
Supreme Beings, besides being "ideological", are logical, not
empirical.

While Spiderman or Silver Surfer or the gods of most religions might
in principle exist as well in the empirical realm (even though this is
not actually a claim of most of their fans...), and a discussion
thereupon could therefore make sense to an extent, I am inclined to
consider hypotheses concerning Jahvé or Allah "not even wrong", and
would not dignify them with arguments on the burden of proof or
indirect evidence supposedly in place.

--
Stefano Vaj