[ExI] fischer, positive feeback loops

spike spike66 at att.net
Mon Jan 31 03:27:26 UTC 2011

... On Behalf Of Damien Broderick

>> No.  What I meant was the comment "American???? With a name like..."
>> can easily be interpreted as a snarky reference to the name Obama.

>OMG, I'm finally turning into an American!  Damien Broderick

American???? With a name like Damien????

{8^D

I have been watching the mainstream news.  Not one of the mainstreamers
thought it newsworthy that an actual AMERICAN guy won the biggest
international chess competition of the year.

Oops, retract.  The New York Times just popped up with it, 21 minutes ago.
Of course the NYT has its own chess blog.

I want to see if any of the majors will carry this as a news feature or even
as a sports feature.  In any case, Nakamura will likely return to St. Louis
with perhaps a dozen fans to greet and congratulate him at the airport.  No
ticker tape parade, nothing like what a chess champion of pretty much *any*
other nation would enjoy.  Jeez we are primitive savages.