[ExI] Oxford scientists edge toward quantum PC with 10b qubits.

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 18:40:05 UTC 2011

2011/1/31 John Clark <jonkc at bellsouth.net>:
> Watson, its knowledge base is so vast and it's so good
> at finding the appropriate information from even vague poorly phrased
> input that with only a few modifications you could make a program that could
> speak about anything and do so intelligently enough not to be embarrassing.

Do you seriously believe this?

Yes, it can handle on the fly research.  But:

1) Can it remember things it was told, and form its own knowledge base from
that, for things it can not research?

2) Can it reason based on the information, or do anything more than match
keywords?

3) Can it take initiative, and supply information even when it is not asked
something?  (Often times, research is as much about finding the right question
as about finding the answer to it.  And yes, I know Jeopardy has answers that
are replied to with questions.  You know what I mean.)