[ExI] Fw: Re: atheists declare religions as scams.

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 18:28:32 UTC 2011

2011/1/31 John Clark <jonkc at bellsouth.net>:
> On Jan 31, 2011, at 12:38 PM, Adrian Tymes wrote:
> > Voyager 2 made a swing by Uranus, and failed to see such a vessel.
>
> Don't be silly, the probability of Voyager spotting such a teapot even if it
> were there is virtually zero.

I'm not so sure.  It depends on how close Voyager passed, and they do pick
up a lot of details with repeated analysis.  But the telescope observations
are stronger evidence than Voyager in any case.

> > Furthermore, anyone seriously proposing such a teapot would
> > likely make an observably deliberate effort to make the proposal untestable
>
> Untestable, hmm, you mean like God planting pre-aged dinosaur bones in the
> ground 6000 years ago to fool us?

Yes, that kind of thing.

(And, even if that were the case, that would be first party evidence
of intent that
God does not want us to believe, strong enough to override third party evidence
of people saying we should believe anyway.  Notice how quickly this contention
is backed away from when its proponents are shown that they are asking us to
defy their own God's will.)