[ExI] Social right to have a living

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 17:43:35 UTC 2011

On 29 June 2011 05:34, Kelly Anderson <kellycoinguy at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 6:03 AM, Stefano Vaj <stefano.vaj at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > OTOH, let us forget governments and their misdeeds. Let us take the
> > more libertarian concept of a commercial company and make a story. The
> > company gets bigger and bigger. It has shareholders and employees. The
> > relationships with them are contractual, so this is fine, right? The
> > company adopts internal regulations (well within its rights) and
> > general terms and conditions of trade and of employment. The company
> > buys land. The company become the main living framework on a given
> > territory, and amongst other benefits take care of increasingly
> > numerous aspects of the private life of its human resources.
> > Shareholders and employees increasingly tend to become one and the
> > same.
>
> Sounds like commercial totalitarianism.
>
> > At a point in time the company declares independence, and stop
> > recognising any superior, national legal system. Perhaps it creates
> > its own currency, why not. Libertarian dream, right?
>
> Wrong. You seem to equate corporate state-ism with libertarian views.
> Corporate state conglomeration is fascism, not libertarianism.

This might well be the case (actually, "state corporativism" IMHO describes
better fascism, rather than the other way around, but this is not the issue
here), even though this scenario need not be neither more, nor less,
totalitarian than our average State today.

My real point however is: how a radically libertarian view could ever
prevent a company from going down this path? And if the end result is
neither better nor worse than our average State today, what's the point?

I am referring to the kind of libertarian view which postulates that we can
go without a State legal system at all, not to more moderate ones.

--
Stefano Vaj