[ExI] AI Motivation revisited

john clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Mon Jul 4 15:24:27 UTC 2011

 On Wed, 6/29/11, Stefano Vaj <stefano.vaj at gmail.com> wrote:
"Mmhhh. What defeated Kasparov was a program, not a computer. "
Yes, one way of organizing atoms (called Deep Blue) proved superior at playing Chess than another way of organizing atoms (called Kasparov); and organization can be fully differentiated by information alone because atoms are generic.
"If we free Kasparov's opponent from tournament rules regarding time,
and we execute this very program on *anything*, including a Chinese
Room or a Turing machine or a Babbage engine or 30.000 slaves playing
logic circuits in a plain, the end result would not change."
Obviously. So what?

 John K Clark