[ExI] Natasha and Max - Apologies, but FB? (Kevin Haskell)

Kevin Haskell kgh1kgh2 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 10:05:31 UTC 2011

Natasha and Max,

My sincere apologies if I didn't continue our correspondences.  It isn't for
lack of desire, it is just that I've grown used to communicating via FB
pages, and find the mailing list method a bit archaic. What I've been doing
is 'saving' the list discussions to involve myself for very last, after I've
dealt with my FB page discusssions, for two reasons:

First, because the comments in them/here are a highly relevant and necessary
regarding the betterment of the human condition via technology, and second,
because they don't have the "flow" of a FB discussion.  Because of this, I
end up not 'getting into the flow' of the discussion that normally happens
as second nature on Facebook, and the mailing list entries end up just
sitting there in my email.  Then the order of the threads become
discombobulated when I wait to answer.

So, I was wondering two things (and forgive me if I am re-hashing ground
that may have been covered in here, already,) but would you (Natasha and
Max,) be willing to entertain the idea of having me setting up an Extropy FB
page as the primary source for your discussions, with the extropy mailing
list being a back-up for everybody?  You both would be the main admins on
the FB page, and whomever else you choose, and it could be directed
specifically around the same Extropy discussions that go on within this
extropy mailing list.  It would just be a lot clearer for everyone to get in
on every discussion with more ease.

The principles of Extropy, and rules of the group, would be listed in the
'documents' section that can be posted to the right of the FB page.  Anybody
entering would know exactly what you both expect as soon as they enter, and
it would be easily reachable by anyone in the "life-betterment and/or
extention" groups that are on FB, as well as everyone subscribed to this
list. You would have tight control on whomever you would allow in.

I would just have to name it something other than simply 'extropy' because
"Extropy" and "Extropianism" have been taken, but we could have it begin
with one of those words so it could be easily searched.

If you wanted, I could just set it up, we could invite everyone in now on
this list, and you could take the reigns.  The reason I mention this is that
the FB method is just so much more open, clear, and flexible.

Hope you don't mind the suggestion.

Best,
Kevin