[ExI] Social right to have a living

Will Steinberg steinberg.will at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 17:26:11 UTC 2011

Stefano, Kelly:

I can't write a long-winded response because I'm at work, but it will
suffice to say that things like nixing your special sewage system is at most
a nuisance...and that even grievous government intrusions on specific
persons are just that--on specific persons--and pale in comparison to the
chaos that those persons will cause in concert if government is abolished.

Obviously we have very different viewpoints.  When considering
'individualism,' it might help you to note that most individuals are unlike
yourselves, and have no real concept of  how they relate to land, country,
or government.  What's even worse is that without the government's monopoly
on uber-collectivization, cabals, cadres and militias of 'collected
individuals' will fracture our economy, way of life, etc.  It can already be
seen in the emergence of the 'Tea Party'--a group composed of those who know
NOTHING about politics and those who know EVERYTHING, and where the latter
have decided to use that knowledge to evilly control the former.

Libertarianism is foolish.  It is the result of taking intuitive feelings
about freedom and performing little analysis on them to yield results that
are oversimplified to the point of being completely incorrect--sort of like
signal aliasing.  Anybody who has spent time interacting with regular people
should know this.  There is a happy middle ground somewhere, but that middle
ground does not lie 1000 km rightwards.

NB: Stefano, have you spent long periods of time living in America?  I can
see how being European might give you some biases or preconceptions that
don't hold here in the states.