[ExI] the myth of the US "liberal media"

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 18:15:12 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 11:18 AM, Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com> wrote:
> On 7/11/2011 11:30 AM, Kelly Anderson wrote:
>
>> There aren't many groups with the level of
>> political diversity we have here from near communists, to anarchists.
>
> You think there are posts here from "near communists"? What's an example?

Jeff Davis described himself the other day with these words:

>>For the record, while I warmly embrace both "liberal" and "hippie", I
>>currently favor, for myself, the term "hard left progressive".

While that is not communist, it's in the the same basic neighborhood.
Will sometimes comes across as very left leaning and there are others.
While I'm not an anarchist, I would say I'm in that neighborhood, just
for comparison.

I don't think there is anyone on this list that would come out and say
directly "I am a communist", because Russian communism showed so
definitively how inefficient such a system is. Yet the ideas of Marx
and others are very much alive here on this list and in our world
today.

-Kelly