[ExI] rugged individualists

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 22:08:23 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 10:41 PM, Kelly Anderson wrote:
> It was the year I sold the company (ViewSoft) that I co-founded in
> 1991. Years of near poverty before and after (although not immediately
> after), but the one year of astounding success was punished severely
> by the government. It was a capital gains tax on $1.8 million dollars.
> Despite the liberal hogwash to the contrary, there were NO tax dodges
> that would work. Rich people pay their fair share. If it had been
> regular income, as opposed to capital gains, the rate would have been
> even higher.

What you meant to say was that there were no tax dodges available to
small businessmen. The tax dodges appear when you are a multi-national
corporation that is best friends with a government that allows them to
move profits to tax-free havens offshore.

In the USA the small business environment is being punished severely
and the middle class is being destroyed.

BillK