[ExI] rugged individualists

Thirdeye Of Eris thirdeyeoferis at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 02:37:11 UTC 2011

two words, flat tax

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 9:59 PM, GLivick <glivick at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Taxes are only onerous to those who pay them.  I wonder who they could be?
>  Certainly not the people who make the most money, say the top 5%, who are
> all rich and pay NO taxes (everyone knows that), what with all the tax
> dodges they have and everything.  It's not fair, those people just got lucky
> and landed good jobs, or somehow started some ridiculous business that made
> them rich off our backs.  They should have to pay some of the tax burden.
>  I'm thinking along the lines of, say, most of it.  To start, those rich
> dummies who have employees working for next to nothing should at least pay
> half of all the money that goes into the Social Security Trust (now THERE's
> a word) Fund.  We should also get them to pay all the money it takes to fund
> unemployment insurance, since, if it wasn't for them employing people to
> begin with, there wouldn't be any anybody to become unemployed.  The way I
> see it, it's all their fault, those rich, lazy, lucky bastards!
>
> Really, I'm not just being snotty, I'm serious!!!
>
> FutureMan
>

> On 7/14/2011 4:44 PM, Damien Broderick wrote:
>
>> On 7/14/2011 5:50 PM, David Lubkin wrote:
>>
>>> as the sole owner of a corporation that has hired me, I am
>>> required to pay into the unemployment fund and am prohibited
>>> from collecting from it.
>>>

>>  This is certainly inequitable, but I gather that (in TX at least, and
>> perhaps elewhere) the size of the tax depends on how many claims have been
>> made by previous employees, and since you have not claimed against yourself
>> I surmise that this tax might be a small portion of one percent. Annoying,
>> and arguably unjust, but perhaps not overly onerous?
>>
>> Damien Broderick

"A rational anarchist believes that concepts such as ‘state’ and‘society’
and ‘government’ have no existence save as physically exemplified in the
acts of self-responsible individuals. He believes that it is impossible to
shift blame, share blame, distribute blame... as blame, guilt,
responsibility are matters taking place inside human beings singly and
nowhere else. But being rational, he knows that not all individuals hold his
evaluations, so he tries to live perfectly in an imperfect world... aware
that his effort will be less than perfect yet undismayed by self-knowledge
of self-failure."

                -- Professor De La Paz from The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress by
Robert Heinlein