[ExI] Readercon

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 04:39:01 UTC 2011

David Lubkin wrote:
It's the one I go to most often. It's near, cheap, fun, has the highest
ratio of pros to fans, and is exclusively focused on the written word.
Some years I'm feeling grouchy (± busy ± poor) and am not in a
mood to go; then I look at who'll be there. I see over a hundred
people I know, force myself to go, and have a great time.

After having read this, I am setting a goal to attend ReaderCon sometime
fairly soon.  I am a fairly frequent con goer (within Arizona), and several
authors have recommended to me that I attend (saying it's their favorite
event!).

I LOVE attending the H.P. Lovecraft focused MythosCon, put on for the first
time this year in Tempe, Arizona.  It will be happening next year, probably
in March, and I can't wait!  The size and quality of their guest list is
truly amazing.

https://mythoscon.org/Home_Page.html

you wrote:
It's tiny compared to a Boskone or Westercon but it's reached the
point where many people fly in. I just saw a friend from Oregon;
Charles Platt is coming in today on his way back from Scotland.

I miss Charles!  The man sure gets around! lol  I have not seen him in
several years...

John  : )