[ExI] is god to blame? or is it the fires?

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Mon Jul 18 03:30:33 UTC 2011

CBS news: July 17, 2011 6:07 PM

Okla. governor calls for prayer to end heat wave

CBS News correspondent Cynthia Bowers reports that it's been so hot for
so long in Oklahoma, the governor called for a statewide day of prayer
in hope of some divine intervention

"I think if we have a lot of people praying, it moves the heart of God,"
Gov. Mary Fallin says.

Six cities not only broke records for a single day, but set all time
highs since records have been kept: Tallahassee, Fla. - 105 on June 15;
Amarillo, Texas - 111 on June 26; Borger, Texas - 113 on June 26;
Dalhart, Texas - 110 on June 26; Childress, Texas - 117 on June 26; and
Gage, Okla. - 113.

Extremely dry weather is blamed on fires that have already burned nearly
5 million acres in the southwest so far this summer.