[ExI] Libertarianism wins again...

spike spike66 at att.net
Tue Jul 19 00:27:49 UTC 2011

... On Behalf Of Richard Loosemore
Subject: Re: [ExI] Libertarianism wins again...

Kelly Anderson wrote:
>> Sorry to the video haters... this guy starts off with blood minerals and
child labor, and gets to a solution.
> http://www.ted.com/talks/auret_van_heerden_making_global_labor_fair.html

>Oh for pity's sake.

>I am really sick of reading this libertarian crap on a mailing list that is
supposed to be about the future.

>Do me a favor and form a separate extropy-for-future-libertarian-fantasies
mailing list... some kind of fantasy libertarian paradise...Richard
Loosemore

That response was quite unnecessarily harsh.  The speaker was not promoting
libertarianism.  I seldom have the patience for video, but van Heerden held
my full and undivided for 17 minutes, an eternity in modern internet time.
He gives an excellent example of a big and growing problem which traditional
governments are completely unable to address, and suggests an excellent
free-market solution, which could save lives.

Libertarianism is in Extropy's DNA.  One need not be libertarian, only
tolerant.