[ExI] Libertarianism wins again...

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 16:47:13 UTC 2011

2011/7/20 Dan <dan_ust at yahoo.com>:
> And the drug cartels are creatures of the state. Were it not for the drug
> war and very strict gun control in Mexico, people wouldn't be killing each
> other in such large numbers over who gets to sell recreational products in
> this or that area.

This is a major point on the libertarian agenda. Get rid of the
prohibition against drugs, and legitimize the cartels as legal
businesses, tax them, and move on trying to educate people not to use
drugs, even though they are now legal. Just as we do with cigarettes
and alcohol. It gets rid of the requirement for guns (how many armed
guards do you see at your local corn field?) and removes an important
profit center from organized crime.

I think we could all agree at least that organized crime is bad... and
it is not a huge difference between the organized crime in Mexico and
Russia, and that in Washington DC... sigh.

-Kelly