[ExI] Moooon

Will Steinberg steinberg.will at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 23:07:49 UTC 2011

How much talking have you to anyone outside a small cadre of smartypantses
about the benefits of these things?  I'm sure if there was a large
moon-settler movement that encompassed all classes of people, that those who
could put it into place would maybe work a bit harder on it.  Why don't the
average joes know that there could be countless jobs in space travel or
space building?  Why don't they have the information that science is their
friend, that there still is a frontier, yadda yadda?

Perhaps because those smartypantses are doing more navel-gazing and
star-gazing than proselytizing; all the while, we see things like, say,
yall's graph of the growth of seventh-day adventists.

Going to the moon is never going to be just the intellectual elite, it will
be everyone, and it will happen when real people are convinced enough that
it is a good idea that the corpos and govvies pushing them around decide to
actually care.

Of course, all of the above is navel-gazing on my part.  But if yall sat
around for forty-two years waiting for--NASA?!?!?!--to build a moon hotel
without any public interest, you are sadly mistaken.

Now what we ought to do is get a moon-terrorist attack going on ourselves!
 It sure got us into the Middle East.