[ExI] Robert Ettinger has been cryopreserved

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 08:46:25 UTC 2011

 2011/7/24 Max More <max at maxmore.com>:
> Today, July 23, Robert Ettinger -- the father of cryonics and author of
The
> Prospect of Immortality -- was declared legally dead and was cryopreserved
> by the organization he founded, Cryonics Institute.
>
> My very best wishes to this remarkable man. I regret that I never spoke to
> him face to face. I hope to do so sometime in the post-mortal future.

This news is very sad, and yet promising to me.  I dearly hope he received a
timely and expert suspension, which he certainly deserved!

I'm very disappointed to hear that you never got to meet him, which
considering your stature in transhumanism, really surprises me.  Well, I
hope you get to meet him many decades hence, should cryonics (and the
future) prove a success.

I hope the Cryonics Institute can continue to do well, despite not having
him around as a rock of knowledge and inspiration.

John