[ExI] Why no space colonies or lunar bases? was Mooon. (KeithHenson)

Henrique Moraes Machado (CI) cetico.iconoclasta at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 13:51:59 UTC 2011

<Kelly Anderson>
Adrian, how do you know this? It occurred prior to the invention of
writing. Also, there are oral stories in Egypt of wars between the
agricultural settlers and nomads. Some historians believe that the
reason civilization rose in Egypt is precisely because it was so
defensible against nomads. I imagine that while there were many people
objecting to agriculture, however, we no longer have a cultural memory
of the losers.
Have any of you ever even MET a nomad? :-)
</Kelly Anderson>

Well, technically they weren't against agriculture. More likely they were
pro-looting the farmers.