[ExI] Would this be also true for minority transhumanist beliefs?

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at canonizer.com
Wed Jul 27 03:55:52 UTC 2011

Transhumanists,

This interesting article "Minority rules: Scientists discover tipping
point for the spread of ideas" on physorg.com:

http://www.physorg.com/news/2011-07-minority-scientists-ideas.html

is kind of interesting.  But I would doubt this would be true for
transhumanist ideas?

In other words, I would love to see an experiment, where they took some
of those various networked groups of people.  Start with all of them
being traditional non transhumanists, most of them being hostile to
ideas such as cryonics, and stuff like that.

Then introduce new transhumanists into the group, maybe even as many as
20%.  Would the trand shown in the graph hold for this minority
transhumanist setup, also?  Could the tipping point for transhumanism
really be 10%?  Is that all we need to do, is to get 10% of society to
be transhumanists, and then our job would be done, as the rest soon
followed?  5 years ago, I would bet we were a very long ways from 10% of
society.  But today, I bet we are getting close to this?

What do you all think?  What will the percentage of transhumanists be in
say 10 more and 20 more... years?  Certainly significant success at this
would shorten the time before the singularity?

Brent Allsop