[ExI] Moon Bases Not Needed (Kevin Haskell)

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Wed Jul 27 06:31:50 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 04:50:50PM -0400, Kevin Haskell wrote:

> Why would we need moon bases if we hope to evolve, soon?  Who would pay for

Evolving is hard work, and takes a lot of resources. Might be not
so soon as many think.

> such an expensive venture?  I think we should be focusing on spending our

How else are you supposed to get the energy and resources, given
http://www.energybulletin.net/stories/2011-07-18/galactic-scale-energy
?

> resources on bettering humanity through Transhumanism and working toward the

You see many resources spent on transhumanism?

> Singularity.  Wasting money on moon bases would only divert trillions of
> dollars from money that should be otherwise be directed at something
> productive for the human race.

MWh feed, clothe and house people. With real information ecology,
MHw will directly power people.